Sunday, August 13, 2017

Another Winning Picture Book

If you've been following any of my posts on Goodreads, you know I'm pretty hard on my ratings of picture books. Many books don't seem cute, clever, kid-friendly vocabularies, good text, fun illustrations . . . . Need I go on? I can't tell you how many books I have to read to find one I like. Of course, I'm always interested to see if others agree with me so I check reviews. I'm constantly shocked at the books rated at five stars that I would rate one star. Although I don't. That seems downright mean. But alas, after reading many, many books I found another to share. If You Ever Want to Bring a Circus to the Library. Don't by Elise Parsley is a winner. After reading a poster at the library saying, You can do anything at the library, Magnolia decides to take a circus there. As Magnolia performs acrobatics, she reminds her audience to hold their applause, because you can do anything at the library except clap. But there might have been one important thing Magnolia missed when she read the poster. And it might have even helped if she'd been paying attention during story time at the library. Bright, fun illustration. A book most adults won't quickly tire of reading to a child multiple times.

No comments: