Friday, April 7, 2017

Mark Twain Readers Award 2016-17: A Million Ways Home



I am so happy to be able to share that my Goodreads friend Dianna Dorisi Winget won the 2016-17 Mark Twain Readers Award for her book, A Million Ways HomeThis terrific book was chosen as a finalist on five other state lists as well. The books on this list are then read and voted on by students throughout the school year. Congratulations Missouri students for choosing a great book!

Missouri's Association of School Librarians (MASL) offers four different reader awards broken down by age groups.
A Million Ways Home
http://diannawinget.com/sliver-of-sun.php
A Sliver of Sun
A Smidgen of Sky
Show Me Readers Award (Grades 1-3)
Mark Twain Readers Award (Grades 4-6)
Truman Readers Award (Grades 6-8)
Gateway Readers Award (Grades 9-12)

I have to agree with so many readers. This book made my list too. I loved it. In fact, I purchased it so I wouldn’t have to borrow it from the library. Dianna’s writing is exceptional. Not often do I read a book that brings out so much emotion in such a short time. After reading A Million Ways Home I decided to search for more of her writing. In all honesty, when I started reading A Smidgen of Sky I was certain I was going to be disappointed, since nothing could live up to the first book I’d read of hers. However, it only took a few pages to fall in love with that book too. And now I’m anxious to read the sequel: A Sliver of Sun

So what does Dianna do besides write? Check out her cool website to find out.



No comments: