Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Six Podcasts for Writers

Some of us are driving in the slow lane while others are at the finish line and heading for Starbucks to celebrate. As one who is sightseeing along the way (and likes Caribou better than Starbucks), I have been shutting my ears when my son brings up the subject of podcasts. I know, I know, Son, you have been telling me about podcasts for ages, but just like children, sometimes parents don't listen.

Recently I've stumbled on the value of podcasts. Why has it taken so long? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the type of podcasts my son is recommending. Hmmm, I guess like children, parents occasionally lie too. But on with the story. I discovered they have podcasts for writers! Now we're talkin'!

So for those like me who have been on a long Sunday drive and missed some important things, you can locate great podcasts by Googling the type you're interested in, or I downloaded an app on my phone called Podcast Addict, but there are many others to choose from.

I realize this is a very late news bulletin, but here are some podcasts you might want to try:


Seated at the Writers Table

Writing Excuses

Grammar Girl 

Helping Writers Become Authors

The Newbie Writers' Podcast

Grammar Underground

If you have a good podcast you'd like to share, let me know.













No comments: